A Systematic Plan
The Bible tells us story after story reflecting about how sharing creates beauty and hope, and how obedience and sacrifice is at the core of our faith.
Giving—and systematic giving in particular—focuses our hearts and minds on what is most important in our lives. It helps us prioritize. It clarifies our values. It promotes a better understanding of the blessings in our lives.
Practically speaking, regularly scheduled giving to one’s church also allows the church to plan more effectively, leveling out cash flow so that our ministers and lay leaders can confidently implement the ministry plans of the church envisioned in the annual budget.
Ways to Give
There’s a way for every giver to give.
- In worship: Bring cash or a check to worship and place it in the offering plate.
- At your computer or tablet: Give online by transferring cash or charging a credit card.
- From your smartphone: Send a text message to (713) 999-4142 and follow the prompts.
- With recurring automatic payments: Go online and set a day each week or month to give automatically by credit card or debit card.
- Bank auto-draft: You can auto-draft a specified amount each month from your bank account. Submit your banking information securely online using the Auto-Draft Authorization form below.
- With non-cash or legacy gifts: Contact the church office to explore these options confidentially.
Our Giveffective Stewardship Campaign proposes that the local church, when aligned with God’s eternal purposes, is the most effective place to make a difference in the lives of others. While many organizations do remarkable altruistic work in the world, the institution of the church uniquely seeks to respond to both the physical needs of the suffering and to spiritually nourish those within its congregation–providing resilience, inspiration, and meaning–such that the work may continue for generations. If you desire to give effectively to those in need, to ensure such work might continue into the future, and to promote a sense of flourishing both in yourself and those in our community, there’s no better place to invest your time, your energy, and your resources than your church. Please prayerfully consider your gift to the 2023 budget and pledge by Sunday, October 23.